Omega Broadcast: F55 3 4k clips original media at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XAVC PMW-F5 / F55 CineAlta

Sony XAVC PMW-F5 / F55 CineAlta
35mm CMOS Sensor / 4K Ultra-HD Camcorders

Old March 4th, 2013, 05:53 PM   #1
Sponsor: Omega Broadcast

Omega Broadcast: F55 3 4k clips original media

Got the SXS Pro + card and shot 4K 23.98, HG7, 1250 ISO, 48 shutter and 5500 degrees kelvin. There are 3 five second shots here. It is 458 mb.

http://www.mediafire.com/?loccm7mrsis5183

>>>

Some of this may already be reported on this forum, but here is some more info about this camera.

Sony has a campaign they just started that gives users the content browser ($20 normally) for free for the next 3 months. You can find it here: http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/...contentbrowser

Adobe said Sony changed the arrangement for the RAW plug-in for Adobe Premier – and it is now available for free from Sony at: Sony Creative Software - Download: RAW Plug-in for Adobe (PLAD-RW1)

So the only PAID software right now is the XAVC workflow for Adobe Premier, which is the Rovi plug-in: TotalCode for Adobe Premiere

It looks like there is a free trial of this available as well.

Also, there is a good link for downloading many of these things here: Sony Creative Software - Download: Updates

Finally – the F55 has a firmware update that is just becoming available (version 1.03) that fixes some hyper gamma stuff. The footage above was shot with version 1.0.

Last edited by Allan Barnwell; March 4th, 2013 at 05:53 PM. Reason: typo
Allan Barnwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 02:02 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Omega Broadcast: F55 3 4k clips original media

Total Code from Rovi (the XAVC plugin for Premiere) is for Windows only :-(

Fortunately there should be full support for XAVC in CS7, which should not be too far away now. In addition Resolve fully supports XAVC and raw and can be used to batch convert the XAVC to ProRes or similar quickly, easily and for free.

As soon as I get my AXS media and card reader (I have the camera) I'll post some raw. Allan, do you want to do a F5/F55 workshop at some time?
Old March 5th, 2013, 02:17 PM   #3
Major Player

In addition, Smoke 2013 will open HD XAVC clips, but not 4K. XAVC isn't officially supported in Smoke but it seems to be using the Panasonic AVC-Intra codec to read the HD files.

Ned Soltz
Ned Soltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2013, 08:17 PM   #4
Sponsor: Omega Broadcast

Ready for more?

This is about 20 seconds of 4K from the RAW recorder. It is 2GB.

Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?an486t2if9h1vvr

We are at Welcome to SXSW 2013 | SXSW 2013 this year with SONY. Follow @omegabroadcast and like on FB.
Old March 8th, 2013, 06:29 PM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister Chapman View Post
Total Code from Rovi (the XAVC plugin for Premiere) is for Windows only :-(

Fortunately there should be full support for XAVC in CS7, which should not be too far away now. In addition Resolve fully supports XAVC and raw and can be used to batch convert the XAVC to ProRes or similar quickly, easily and for free.
Resolve Lite can open 4k XAVC files but it is limited in that it can only export to SD or HD.

As for the Rovi plugin for CS6 in Premiere, it is crashing constantly as soon as you add a filter to a clip and make and adjustment. I did open a ticket with Main Concept and sent them some sample video and projects files.

I am grading slog2 + s-gamut test shots and 4k XAVC is delivering much more than I expected.. perhaps the credit goes to the camera itself however.
Dennis Hingsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2013, 10:45 AM   #6
Major Player

Allan:

The short 4 second clips show up and play as expected in the new Content Browser.

The 22 second clip does NOT. I had use the import clip function to get the clip into the Content Browser, however all that appears is small yellow triangle in the preview button of black screen. Nothing plays even though all the clip information appears to indicate there is a clip present.

I am on a MacPro 3.2Ghz Octo, 10.8.2 with an 1GB OWC Mercury Eccelsior-PC ExpressI SSD (820 MB/s read) to play the 4K files.
Barry J. Anwender is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XAVC PMW-F5 / F55 CineAlta