DV qualities of the XDCAM EX - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old September 7th, 2007, 03:14 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Thats exactly it....time is money and every minute you can cut down on the rendering process is another minute well spent doing something else.

I'd love to be able to shoot DV with this too because the Panasonic HVX can do that also although with tape.

Not many people would be willing to pay extra for HD.

Still getting one though.
Aidan Wynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2007, 04:40 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Barwood View Post
In theory thats fine, in practice that is usually a lot of wasted time rendering and unless you pre-render everything to SD you will also get a lot less RT performance from having to work with a HD source file even on a SD timeline.

In summary, when you only ever need SD for a project (and the clients arn't paying enough for the extra workload above) why would you want to shoot in HD?
Agreed, however the additional colourspace offered at the down convert stage allows YOU more freedom and flexibility, in addition to having additional material for your HD showreel. I guess I'm looking at the additional benefits (aside from obvious $).
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds