About the HD-SDI... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old October 3rd, 2007, 07:08 PM   #16
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Smith View Post
Hi Greg,

It's nice that details can be sorted from non-confirmed pseudo-information.

Given that the F350 is sampling 4:2:2 at the chip block, is the HD-SDI output from the camera 4:2:2 as well? Compression?
4:2:2 with no compression when taking a live feed. After being recorded to disc, the compression and subsampling have taken place. Playback from disc may or may not appear to give better image quality than doing a direct FAM copy.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2007, 10:39 PM   #17
New Boot

HD-SDI at last

Greg,

This is great news. Are you aware that the specs for the Flash XDR have improved. Just checked the updated pdf. Now listed for supported format:
160Mbps VBR 1920x1080 4:2:2 I-Frame. With what the F350 already does, this as an alternative acquisition format ....

.... I've got to tell you, I'm fairly excited here.
Arthur Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2007, 07:49 AM   #18
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Smith View Post
.... I've got to tell you, I'm fairly excited here.
See Arthur, that's how a 'tourist' would act. (Just Kidding!)

I haven't been following the Flash XDR too much. But those are impressive specs. I'm just so in love with the FAM workflow that I can't convince myself to use HDSDI on my own stuff. But I have done at least one live event where they took the HDSDI feed from the camera(s) and recorded it to HDCAM in video village.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds