EX and accessories - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old October 24th, 2007, 06:24 AM   #46
Regular Crew

Ex Mattbox

Does anybody know what make of mattbox is being used on the ex in this video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCw9GldVNI8
Brian Leahy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2007, 07:52 AM   #47
Regular Crew

EX Mattebox

Hello, the mattebox did you see in this youtube video, is from Vocas, you can identify this, from the blue sticker attached left from the mattebox.

Alessandro Zumstein
Alessandro Zumstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2007, 12:35 PM   #48
Regular Crew

[QUOTE=Alessandro Zumstein;763792]Hello, the mattebox did you see in this youtube video, is from Vocas, you can identify this, from the blue sticker attached left from the mattebox.

Great, thanks Alessandro
Brian Leahy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 05:40 AM   #49
Regular Crew

Anybody who actually seen a real camera + (Vocas, Cavision, TLS, etc..) mattebox can say something about REAL usability of grad filters?
Alvise Tedesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 06:35 AM   #50
Major Player

Hi Alvise,

I use a TLS mattebox on my Z1. I find the use of ND grads and polariser virtually essential for shooting nicely exposed scenic shots. I use Schneider Trupol and Tiffen 0.9ND on most of this type of shot.
Latitude with these small cameras is extremely limited and while often you can see a nice blue sky and fluffy white clouds, it just comes out as a white space on video... I find the grads and polariser help you get a better balance and bring out what your eyes can see in the shot.

Cheers
Gareth
Gareth Watkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 09:57 AM   #51
Regular Crew

Hi Gareth.
I was asking if and how much we can move vertically a grad filter on an EX, especially on an EX (there's a problem with the built in mic/lcd interferring with the EX lens end....where a mattebox has to be).
Alvise Tedesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 06:09 PM   #52
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvise Tedesco View Post
Anybody who actually seen a real camera + (Vocas, Cavision, TLS, etc..) mattebox can say something about REAL usability of grad filters?
The Cavision grads were noticeable on the JVC HD101E (ie the particles weren't fine enough for HD) so with the extra resolution of the EX I think they would be unsuitable. I think the Formatt filters they sell are better quality, but more expensive. The Cavision mattebox is OK, but from all reports the Chroziel is more solid.
John Mitchell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds