FCP 6.02 update adds EX Support - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old November 15th, 2007, 04:42 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Testin View Post
So with this, you don't need an intel mac right. A regular G5 should be ok?
looks like it

system requirements for the mac XDCAM transfer software says "PowerPC G5 2GHz, Intel 2 Duo 2GHz, Intel Xeon 2 GHz or higher" (and OSX 10.4.10+)
Brent Ethington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2007, 05:23 PM   #17
Major Player

I just purchased a new intel macbook pro based on the software requirements of the sony software from version 1.0 of the Transfer Utility!!!

Oh, well I wanted the Express 34 slot anyway!!!

Daniel Weber
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2007, 05:58 PM   #18
Regular Crew

It would be real nice to have a plugin for the EX that would work with Final Cut 5.1 and 6.0. What are the chances?!
Winston Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2007, 07:39 PM   #19
Major Player

Has anyone used this new software to successfully load the three downloadable EX1 clips into FCP?

If so, what's the technique?
Eric Pascarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2007, 09:29 PM   #20
Inner Circle

I saw XDCAM xfer 2.1 plugin demonstrated with FCP 6.0.2 tonight at the Moving Pictures Collective meeting (NYFCP User's group) at the Apple Store in Soho NYC.

A woman from Sony (forgot her name) popped in an SXS card into a MacBookPro and the plugin was pointed at the card and the clips popped in to the xfer software which allowed you add names, make subclips, etc and then import into FCP browser. It all happened so fast (credit to the speed of the xfer).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Pascarelli View Post
Has anyone used this new software to successfully load the three downloadable EX1 clips into FCP?

If so, what's the technique?
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2007, 10:48 PM   #21
HDV Cinema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Ashley View Post
It would be real nice to have a plugin for the EX that would work with Final Cut 5.1 and 6.0. What are the chances?!
Just upgrade your 6 to 6.0.2.
Old November 15th, 2007, 11:36 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Mullen View Post
Just upgrade your 6 to 6.0.2.
Or I just need to upgrade from 5.1 to 6.0 then update to 6.0.2! I was trying not drop the 600$ for the upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Seeman View Post
I saw XDCAM xfer 2.1 plugin demonstrated with FCP 6.0.2 tonight at the Moving Pictures Collective meeting (NYFCP User's group) at the Apple Store in Soho NYC.

A woman from Sony (forgot her name) popped in an SXS card into a MacBookPro and the plugin was pointed at the card and the clips popped in to the xfer software which allowed you add names, make subclips, etc and then import into FCP browser. It all happened so fast (credit to the speed of the xfer).
That's interesting. Anything else you can tell us about the event?
Winston Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2007, 09:33 AM   #23
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Seeman View Post
I'm fully updated to 6.0.2 and have installed the available Sony software. It opens in FC and does what it's supposed to (I think) but it won't import an MP4 that I downloaded and put on my media drive. There must be a procedure for this that someone knows. I'm totally new to this non-tape based stuff so there's a bit of curve here.

vince
Vince Gaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2007, 08:00 PM   #24
Regular Crew

So the xfer 2.1 software is compatible with the NON-INTEL macs but this other PLUG -IN is not? I know the brochure says that Intel is needed, but has there been any updates?
Mike Testin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds