DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Clip conversion not working (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/109544-clip-conversion-not-working.html)

Kevin Shaw December 5th, 2007 02:03 AM

Clip conversion not working

I'm getting an error message when trying to convert EX1 clips to MXF format using the Windows version of the Clip Browser. Has anyone else had this problem or can suggest possible fixes?

Ali Husain December 5th, 2007 03:14 AM

what is the error message and do you have reproduction steps?

Piotr Wozniacki December 5th, 2007 05:47 AM

Kevin,

Do you have problems converting all mp4 files, or just a single clip - like the marvellous mp4 from Phil Bloom (the one in 720p and Letus Extreme)? This clip I cannot convert, either - I guess it's not the right mp4 format for the EX1 clip browser.

Kevin Shaw December 5th, 2007 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali Husain (Post 787535)
what is the error message and do you have reproduction steps?

I'm using Clip Browser version 1.00.02.1515 for Windows (which came with the camera) and am right-clicking on the clips to access the Export - MXF option. When I click the Start button I get the message "Unsupported format is specified" and sometimes a secondary error message which isn't occurring just now so I can't quote it. Most of these are clips recorded in the SP 1080i mode but some in other modes; so far I can't convert any of them.

Kevin Shaw December 5th, 2007 08:11 AM

P.S. These are all clips I recorded myself on a Sony SxS card and transferred to my computer using the Clip Browser.

Erwin van Dijck December 5th, 2007 08:22 AM

I think there is already a version 1.1:

Regards,
Erwin

Kevin Shaw December 5th, 2007 09:19 AM

I think I have that from the download on a UK web site, but I can't get it to install. :-(

Andreas Johansson December 5th, 2007 07:14 PM

Go to sonybiz.net and you will find links to the version 1.1

Michael Bender December 8th, 2007 10:40 PM

Clip Browser Version on Sony's UK site?

I went ot the sonybiz.net site and downloaded what was labeled as the V.1 Clip Browser. It turned out to be a zip file with an SxS driver (same as the one that ships on the original CD-ROM) and an updated Clip Browser package for Mac. I didn't check any of the Windows components. I installed the updated Clip Browser package on my Mac, and when I started it up and checked it's version, it says "V1.00 (1.00.03.1397)". Any idea if this is really the 1.1 version of the clip browser?

I couldn't find anything about the updated clip browser on Sony's US site (and I can't register my camera on any Sony site that I can find since none of them seem to know about "PMW-EX1" in their drop-down model chooser menus).

thanks,
mike

Erwin van Dijck December 9th, 2007 04:25 AM

You did try this one?

http://www.sonybiz.net/biz/view/Show...=1193315622075

regards,
Erwin

Kevin Shaw December 9th, 2007 04:11 PM

I finally got version 1.1 from the UK site to install and that solved my problem. Thanks everyone for the help!

Andreas Johansson December 9th, 2007 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Bender (Post 789508)
I didn't check any of the Windows components. I installed the updated Clip Browser package on my Mac, and when I started it up and checked it's version, it says "V1.00 (1.00.03.1397)". Any idea if this is really the 1.1 version of the clip browser?

Since you didn't look at the Windows stuff I can tell you that Windows version is 1.1 and Mac is 1.0.

And Kevin stated that he had problem using the Windows version 1.0 so we told him there is a 1.1 for Windows.

Are you having problems using Mac version 1.0?

Michael Bender December 9th, 2007 06:01 PM

No problems with the Mac version yet, I was just wanting to update to the latest release since there was a note in the docs with the camera that told me that a new release was available and that I should update the clip browser.