Clip conversion not working at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old December 5th, 2007, 02:03 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Clip conversion not working

I'm getting an error message when trying to convert EX1 clips to MXF format using the Windows version of the Clip Browser. Has anyone else had this problem or can suggest possible fixes?
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2007, 03:14 AM   #2
Regular Crew

what is the error message and do you have reproduction steps?
Ali Husain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2007, 05:47 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Kevin,

Do you have problems converting all mp4 files, or just a single clip - like the marvellous mp4 from Phil Bloom (the one in 720p and Letus Extreme)? This clip I cannot convert, either - I guess it's not the right mp4 format for the EX1 clip browser.
Old December 5th, 2007, 08:10 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Husain View Post
what is the error message and do you have reproduction steps?
I'm using Clip Browser version 1.00.02.1515 for Windows (which came with the camera) and am right-clicking on the clips to access the Export - MXF option. When I click the Start button I get the message "Unsupported format is specified" and sometimes a secondary error message which isn't occurring just now so I can't quote it. Most of these are clips recorded in the SP 1080i mode but some in other modes; so far I can't convert any of them.
Old December 5th, 2007, 08:11 AM   #5
Inner Circle

P.S. These are all clips I recorded myself on a Sony SxS card and transferred to my computer using the Clip Browser.
Old December 5th, 2007, 08:22 AM   #6
Regular Crew

I think there is already a version 1.1:

Regards,
Erwin
Erwin van Dijck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2007, 09:19 AM   #7
Inner Circle

I think I have that from the download on a UK web site, but I can't get it to install. :-(
Old December 5th, 2007, 07:14 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Go to sonybiz.net and you will find links to the version 1.1
Andreas Johansson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2007, 10:40 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Clip Browser Version on Sony's UK site?

I went ot the sonybiz.net site and downloaded what was labeled as the V.1 Clip Browser. It turned out to be a zip file with an SxS driver (same as the one that ships on the original CD-ROM) and an updated Clip Browser package for Mac. I didn't check any of the Windows components. I installed the updated Clip Browser package on my Mac, and when I started it up and checked it's version, it says "V1.00 (1.00.03.1397)". Any idea if this is really the 1.1 version of the clip browser?

I couldn't find anything about the updated clip browser on Sony's US site (and I can't register my camera on any Sony site that I can find since none of them seem to know about "PMW-EX1" in their drop-down model chooser menus).

thanks,
mike
Old December 9th, 2007, 04:25 AM   #10
Regular Crew

You did try this one?

http://www.sonybiz.net/biz/view/Show...=1193315622075

regards,
Erwin
Erwin van Dijck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2007, 04:11 PM   #11
Inner Circle

I finally got version 1.1 from the UK site to install and that solved my problem. Thanks everyone for the help!
Old December 9th, 2007, 04:32 PM   #12
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bender View Post
I didn't check any of the Windows components. I installed the updated Clip Browser package on my Mac, and when I started it up and checked it's version, it says "V1.00 (1.00.03.1397)". Any idea if this is really the 1.1 version of the clip browser?
Since you didn't look at the Windows stuff I can tell you that Windows version is 1.1 and Mac is 1.0.

And Kevin stated that he had problem using the Windows version 1.0 so we told him there is a 1.1 for Windows.

Are you having problems using Mac version 1.0?
Andreas Johansson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2007, 06:01 PM   #13
Regular Crew

No problems with the Mac version yet, I was just wanting to update to the latest release since there was a note in the docs with the camera that told me that a new release was available and that I should update the clip browser.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds