DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   EX1 1920*1080 30P HQ Demo (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/110639-ex1-1920-1080-30p-hq-demo.html)

David Schmerin December 20th, 2007 01:56 AM

EX1 1920*1080 30P HQ Demo

When ever I get a new camera I go down the Bellagio Hotel to film the water fountains as a test. Its pitch dark when setting up so there is a lot of guess work but here is our first 30p sample... Elvis Presley - Viva Las Vegas synchronized to the the Bellagio Fountains. The file was copied off the camera to FCS2, so chances are pretty good you need to be running FCS2 to play this file. Still if anyone can get this to work on a PC I would be very excited to hear how.

ftp://vegas:demo@ftp.gotfootage.com
Paste the link in Safari and then drag the file to your desktop.

David Schmerin
www.gotfootagehd.com

Peter Wright December 20th, 2007 02:08 AM

Tried on my PC, and the QT file started downloading, but half a Gig was more than I wanted to download.

I would happily try a much shorter excerpt, just to confirm PC playability.

Ola Christoffersson December 20th, 2007 04:00 AM

There have been clips shared before by Mac/FCP-users that use the native FCP-wrapping. These do not play on a PC as far as I know, since they use this proprietary FCP-format.

To all you FPC-users out there, unless you enjoy being in the other seat for once (i e being able to do something that we cannot on the PC), please share your original MP4-files instead! These can be viewed by everyone.

:-)

Kit Hannah December 20th, 2007 04:09 AM

I'm on a PC.

Yeah, I downloaded it and was looking forward to seeing it, but it does not work, even in my QuickTime Pro, but I can hear it.... Viva Las Vegas

David Schmerin December 20th, 2007 12:35 PM

Sorry

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kit Hannah (Post 795743)
I'm on a PC.

Yeah, I downloaded it and was looking forward to seeing it, but it does not work, even in my QuickTime Pro, but I can hear it.... Viva Las Vegas

I will try to get something that will work for PC people. Did it at least sound good?

David Schmerin
www.gotfootageHD.com

Kit Hannah December 20th, 2007 01:05 PM

Yeah, it sounded pretty decent. What mic were you using?

Andrew Wilson December 20th, 2007 03:08 PM

That link doesn't seem to work.... Is it still good?

David Schmerin December 20th, 2007 06:22 PM

Broken Link

Sorry everyone...

Was not expecting the mass of people looking to DL this file and the server crashed. I hope to have it back up on a hosted server later tonight.

David Schmerin
www.gotfootageHD.com

David Schmerin December 21st, 2007 10:42 PM

New Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Schmerin (Post 796110)
Sorry everyone...

Was not expecting the mass of people looking to DL this file and the server crashed. I hope to have it back up on a hosted server later tonight.

David Schmerin
www.gotfootageHD.com

More space has been granted to us

ftp://vegas:demo@download.gotfootage.com

Also, being that we are a Mac & FCS2 house... How do we get the files off in some way that people here with PCs can read?

Ola Christoffersson December 22nd, 2007 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Schmerin (Post 796683)
More space has been granted to us

Also, being that we are a Mac & FCS2 house... How do we get the files off in some way that people here with PCs can read?

Staight from the camera is fine for everyone. If you have already edited something together i guess you could render it into any standard video format. Quicktime, Bluray, h264, mpeg2...

David Schmerin December 22nd, 2007 01:13 PM

PC Format Demo

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ola Christoffersson (Post 796777)
Staight from the camera is fine for everyone. If you have already edited something together i guess you could render it into any standard video format. Quicktime, Bluray, h264, mpeg2...

Tried to copy just the .mp4 file off to a PC. The only thing that could play the file was VLC Media Player but there was no audio. So we loaded Sony's Clip Viewer software and exported a .mxf file. Again the only thing we had that could read the file was VLC Media player but this time there was audio.

Hope you enjoy as we are very pleased with how the video looks.

David Schmerin
www.GotFootageHD.com

David Schmerin December 22nd, 2007 01:15 PM

Mic Used

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kit Hannah (Post 795949)
Yeah, it sounded pretty decent. What mic were you using?

We used just the built in stereo mic. Fortunately, we know where all the big speakers so we park the camera directly under one of them.

David Schmerin
www.GotFootageHD.com

Andrew Wilson December 22nd, 2007 08:05 PM

So you say you do this shot as a test whenever you get a new camera? Any chance you've done this with an XL2?

I'm psyching myself up for the next upgrade and would love to see how big of a step up it's going to be.

David Schmerin December 22nd, 2007 08:21 PM

Test Shoots

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Wilson (Post 797134)
So you say you do this shot as a test whenever you get a new camera? Any chance you've done this with an XL2?

I'm psyching myself up for the next upgrade and would love to see how big of a step up it's going to be.

Sorry not with an XL2

David Schmerin
www.GotFootageHD.com

Christopher Barry December 23rd, 2007 02:21 AM

David, I am very impressed with the EX1's resolution/detail in the image and manner in which noise is handled in that night scene/light burst scene.

I d/l the MXF, played on PC via VLC player version 0.8.6d

Thank you for provding the sample clip.

Edit: David, kindly provide us with EX1's settings/preset, gain, etc?