XDCAM playback on Bluray? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old January 10th, 2008, 09:09 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Voevodsky View Post
New Macs will have Blu-Ray drive as an option. Wait till Mac world Jan 15th.
I hope that applies to the macbook pro, I'm holding out for one of those until after Mac World.
Old January 10th, 2008, 10:20 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Try changing to .ts which is what Sony suggested to me. Keep in mind some player may need firmware update.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2008, 10:25 AM   #18
Inner Circle

New MacPros were announced a day or two ago and are already available. No Blu-ray option. Disappointing to say the least. I still believe Apple will be announcing Blu-ray support since there's going to be an announcement at The Final Cut Studio meeting at MacWorld but it may be limited to Apple DVDStudio Pro update. That would mean buying a 3rd party burner and installing. I believe Toast supports using Blu-ray as data and Adobe Encore can do Blu-ray video on the Mac. I can't see how Apple would announce and already be shipping the new MacPros and delay the build to order Blu-ray option a week for MacWorld.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2008, 10:34 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Seeman View Post
Try changing to .ts which is what Sony suggested to me. Keep in mind some player may need firmware update.
Ray and I already mentioned that the PS3 does not recognize .ts.
It won't even list the file when you open the USB drive or Disc to view the contents of the device.

The above is for the PS3. Now if you want to author a Blu Ray movie disc (instead of data disc) that can be played on a standalone player, you can't even open the MP4 using the a disc authoring software or video editor so you cannot create the Blu ray movie disc in the first place.
Bernard Racelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2008, 10:35 AM   #20
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Seeman View Post
Did that. Firmware is the latest, 2.1. File is on USB flash. No joy.
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2008, 10:42 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Voevodsky View Post
New Macs will have Blu-Ray drive as an option. Wait till Mac world Jan 15th.
The original poster's question is whether the original MP4 file will play on Blu ray or not. So it doesn't help if your Mac has a Blu ray drive since the MP4 file (even if the extension is renamed) won't play using Blu ray to begin with.
Old January 10th, 2008, 10:43 AM   #22
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Roper View Post
.mxf and .mp4 from the EX1 will not play on my PS3.
That has already been stated in the previous posts.
Old January 10th, 2008, 10:56 AM   #23
Regular Crew

Just to make sure there isn't any confusion....

There is no issue taking the EX1 footage and editing it and then outputting the final to a blu ray disk and playing it back on a blu ray player....
that works fine... as long as you conform the video output in the blu ray format...

of course this means the edited file has to be recompressed during the
workflow....

but so far no one has been able to just take the raw footage and change the file extention to a .ts and make it play.....

during my trials with this about the only thing I've been able to do is figure out how to rip a blu ray movie... its easy...

getting the ripped files back onto a blu ray is harder.... but it can be done

I have heard that the new Nero will handle ts files but I don't have Nero to play with....

if you want more info just google " bluray backup " to see how to author the files back to a bluray disk....
Ray Bell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds