Outdoor white balance setting - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old December 25th, 2007, 03:26 PM   #16
Inner Circle

You'd need to be in full manual mode. Things such as focus and zoom are also stored. If you're in full manual mode they don't transition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Pascarelli View Post
Excellent idea.

But if you change any other settings, I assume you'll lose them when you do the transition, no?
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2007, 03:44 PM   #17
Trustee

Craig, you're right. In FULL MF mode, this would work.
Steven Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2007, 03:50 PM   #18
Trustee

I'd just like to add my voice to this discussion in the hope that either someone here finds a workable solution or else Sony address this in a future upgrade. All out lighting kit is daylight so any "default' for us should be 5400K, not 3200K. Having A = 5400K and B = 3200K or the other way around seems so obvious I cannot get my head around why Sony have done the WB part of the camera the way they have.
Whilst it appears I can change the default WB in the service menu there is more than one parameter to change and I haven't a clue how to correctly adjust them so I'm reluctant to fiddle with the settings. Perhaps it's possible to get a service centre with the right gear to recalibrate the default to 5400K, I'd be willing to pay to have it done.
Bob Grant is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds