White balance.. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old January 30th, 2008, 06:36 AM   #1
Regular Crew

White balance..

Hi,

I use a grey card to set the white balance on my still camera but using my whibal card (its pure grey) but on my EX1 the whibal seems to set the white balance incorrectly. I don't understand why but it seems the ex1 wants a white card to set the white balance not a grey card - this is causing me a headache. to me the awb is pretty poor as well!

What are your experiences and what are you using to set the white balance with?

thanks.
Brendan Pyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 08:38 AM   #2
Regular Crew

mmm well not sure what i was doing last night when i was testing this whibal grey card - everything seems fine now!
Brendan Pyatt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds