Recommend a case for the XDCAM EX? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old February 1st, 2008, 06:47 AM   #16
Major Player

I had a 1510 for my A1, it can be closed with the Ex1 inside, but the camera is touching the top and bottom of the case so any weight on it could damage the camera.
Old February 1st, 2008, 07:02 AM   #17
New Boot

I'm pretty sure the 1510 is the case my friend uses for his EX1. I was considering going for the same one, but opted for the 1440.
I have a couple of photos but can't post them. I'll email them to you if you want.
Henry Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 09:12 AM   #18
Regular Crew

I've been using the Cinebags backpack with my Z1 for a year. The EX fits but it is a bit snug with the behometh hand grip. I've traveled overseas several times with this and have always been allowed to carry it on a plane. It fits perfectly in the overhead compartment. That being said, the build is not the greatest. The zippers feel a bit weak and the main storage compartment is a bit cumbersome. The shoulder and waiste straps are very comfortable and highly adjustable. It has room for a lot of accessories and you can strap a lightweight tripod to the back. All in all it's pretty well thought out but could stand to be a bit beefier.

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media
Mick Haensler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2008, 08:36 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Haensler View Post
to carry it on a plane. It fits perfectly in the overhead compartment.
How does it fit under the seat?
Steven D. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2008, 12:44 PM   #20
Major Player

Igloo Cooler (with wheels)

Most of the yacht racing photogs I know keep their cameras/lenses in Igloo coolers with lots of padding. They're rather water resistant, float well and unless someone is looking to steal beer, they get left on the dock and nobody bothers them. LOL.
I have yet to get my EX1 but it will be this month...can't wait.
Best, Craig
Craig Hollenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 07:34 AM   #21
Tourist

Traveling experience with cameras

I just flew on regional jets with my EX-1. Often you can ask the attendant to please allow you to put the bag in the closet. Last week, there wasn't room and she suggested behind the last seat in the rear of the aircraft. The Porta Brace CS-DV4 bag fit perfectly behind the seat on the B/C side. I had to wait until everyone deplaned but the camera was secure. The bag fit fine in the overhead on a 757.
John Snowdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 07:43 AM   #22
Tourist

Checking cameras

On another note, in my 30 year career, I've shot in over 450 cities in the US and across 5 continents ALWAYS checking my cameras that cost $20k - $50k each. To date, I have never had a problem. Same goes for many crews I work with. I use an ATA rated case with foam insert and fill the case with a LCD monitor, batteries, cables etc.

Don't think about connecting or going through Heathrow with a camera bag and a computer bag. You will check one of them.
John Snowdon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds