Strange Vertical Lines at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old February 2nd, 2008, 02:36 PM   #1
Major Player

Strange Vertical Lines

So after having my EX for a week, (and it mostly just sitting in my office since I had other shoots all week) I finally took it out for a stroll. I came home and plugged the component out into my 50" Panasonic Plasma in my living room. This tv has a resolution of something live 1366x760 or something (basically a 720p set). I noticed that the clips shot at 1080p on the EX showed pretty prominent vertical lines across the screen, and then the overcranked 720p footage showed significantly less (although maybe slightly). I plugged in my XH-A1 through its component out and this camera (shooting 1440x1080) was not showing these lines. I am hoping this is an issue with my tv. I, unfortunately do not have any 1080 resolution screens just yet (on order).
Any similar findings?
Benjamin Eckstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2008, 04:23 PM   #2
Trustee

I have a 50" Pioneer plasma with the same resolution and have never seen this issue.
Can you get hold of another camera to compare?
Steven Thomas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds