Data File for PS3 Playback at Full HD Needed at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old February 4th, 2008, 11:38 AM   #1
Major Player

Data File for PS3 Playback at Full HD Needed

I want to render from my NLE (I use Vegas but have PP CS3 also) a file to be put on a DATA disk (not an HD DVD or a Blu-ray disk) that will play with full resolution, 1920x1080x30p, on a PS3 player. I did get a .wmv and .mpeg4 file to work but I could not find a bit rate where audio was not distorted and the video was jumpy. The two files I made play great on my PC HD screen (1920x1080) but I need to play on PS3 so I can show off quality to clients.

Any suggestions?
Michael H. Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2008, 02:13 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Render to an m2t file.
I've played both edited (CS3) and raw m2t files captured from HDV tape on my PS3 and the quality is stunning. The bitrate for m2ts from 1080i HDV tape is 25mb/s.
Tony Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2008, 05:37 PM   #3
Major Player

Thank you. I thought .m2t only worked HDV up to 1440 res. Thanks again.
Michael H. Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2008, 05:55 PM   #4
Regular Crew

To save a step....go get a large flash drive. Create a video folder called VIDEO drag the .mt2 files in there, plug it in the PS3 and there ya go. You can even copy the files onto the hard drive and no DVD's are needed!

Hope this helps
Jason Boyette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2008, 12:47 AM   #5
HDV Cinema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael H. Stevens View Post
Thank you. I thought .m2t only worked HDV up to 1440 res. Thanks again.
.m2t is a package for multiplexed MPEG-2 and MP2 elementary streams. It is not limited to HDV. It's used for ATSC video, for example.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds