clip browser and xlip overwtiting at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old February 6th, 2008, 04:07 AM   #1
Inner Circle

clip browser and xlip overwtiting

This might sound like a silly questions, but since I cannot find some mxf clips on my HDD I know I was exporting - does the clip browser warns you when the clip name coincide with what is already present in the destination duirectory?
Old February 6th, 2008, 07:05 AM   #2
Inner Circle

No all the files are BPAV so you need to make a unique folder for each so you do not over write files.
Old February 6th, 2008, 07:11 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Unless -as I understand - I do not reset the clip numbering in the menu, all the clips should have a unique number though, so even when exported to the same directory they shouldn't overwrite anything...

Please correct me if I am wrong...
Old February 6th, 2008, 07:45 AM   #4
Inner Circle

You are correct if you import each clip on its own they should each have their own number. But if you import as a full card the BPAV folder you need to make a unique folder to import into so you don't over write.
Old February 6th, 2008, 11:13 AM   #5
Trustee

I don't do that,import the full BAPV card.Before i start importing i make a new folder on my hard-drive for example "day at zoo MXF",then open clip browser,open sxs card in reader,clips appear in clip browser screen select all then CTRL G on keyboard,export window opens,click the blank(browse) button,find the folder i made,("zoo mxf"),select that folder,then hit start.Then i open vegas and just import the files from that folder,only the clips are in there.
PS delete the clips from the card with clip browser and the sxs card doesn't need to be restored when it goes back in cam.
Old February 6th, 2008, 11:44 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Paul I never have to restore my cards and always delete all the clips with delete all clips in the camera.

I have never tried your method since I always move the whole BAPV. I will give it a try and see if I can reduce my backup files.
Old February 6th, 2008, 01:13 PM   #7
Trustee

What i do after rewrapping and transfering,leave clips browser open with clips still highlighted,forget about that for a minute,now go to the folder you made in your documents,(the zoo one or whatever)right click on your new zoo mxf files,play with VLC player, (if you ain't got VLC then download it) just check that the files are there ok,have a quick flick through them,if everything is ok go back to the clip browser with the clips still highlighted,right click,delete,job done,put empty card back in camera.
Paul.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds