Is anyone successfully using Adobe Premiere CS3 with the EX1? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old February 11th, 2008, 10:09 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Wow, for some reason I must be dumber than I thought. After reading all that all i caught was 'it works for you' and 'ffmpeg' and 'HQ and SP'.

You are using PremPro CS3 and you are running it through ffmpeg?

Cineform has an $999 solution but I havent heard anything supporting MainConcept's solution $450ish. I downloaded the demo and everything worked like a freakin dream. I'm seriously considering shelling out the cash for this but would MUCH rather spend it on something liek another chip if it isn't necessary.
Nick Schale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2008, 10:53 AM   #17
Regular Crew

With the price of cineform you can get about the whole FCP studio

ffmpeg instructions are already within threads linked in this thread
Tuomas Sebastien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2008, 04:25 AM   #18
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomas Sebastien View Post
So you were using premiere with mac not pc? And you weren't using original MP4 files directly from camera but converted them first?
Yes I am using it on a mac. The files are not converted, just re-wrapped into .mov when tranfered from the camera I think. When I open up the files in the QT player, the codec is Apple XDCAM EX 1080 25p (35mb/sec VBR). With two mono audio tracks in 48kHz Big Endian.
Tobias Martinsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2008, 12:44 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Tobias,

I'm looking for some EX1 samples to edit on my premiere CS3 system.

Would it be possible to provide a link to or to download to my ftp server some small EX1 samples i can play with in premiere cs3?
Nelson Maldonado is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds