Export from FCP to Avid Liquid at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old February 6th, 2008, 05:22 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Export from FCP to Avid Liquid

I'm asking this here since I expect more people work with the EX/FCP combo here than on the Mac/FCP forum.

I'm just learning FCP and still have Avid Liquid Chrome as my main edit system. It's connected to everything, whereas FCP is on a Macbook Pro and only connects through firewire. I'd like to be able to edit on FCP, take the files into Liquid, and then output them from there to tape or whatever, since it saves buying a breakout box (yet) for FCP.

What I'd like to figure out how to do is export from FCP in the native EX 35mps mode and get something into liquid. I can't export it as Quicktime because I can't upgrade Liquid to a current version of QT - it doesn't support the newer versions, and won't. I've tried various other formats and they tend to look pretty back coming into liquid. I tried exporting as XDCAM and when I import that into Liquid it don't show up; I've tried chnaging the .xxx to .m2v and that shows up, but only the first second or so of a long clip.

So I'm at a loss and will appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Thanks,
John
John Godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 08:57 PM   #2
Trustee

Couldn't you encode your project as a m2v file? I am sure Compressor would have some nice settings for m2v encoding of your project. I also have Chrome and m2v works great in Liquid. I usualy use my own custom made software to convert up to 300 mbits/s I frame only m2v files. I usually only ever use 150 mbits/s however which is still awesome looking. I'm sure compressor could do at least 35 mbits/s.
Thomas Smet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 05:26 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I might be able to do that, but I have to learn a lot more about FCP and Compressor first. That's the problem, I'm a MacVirgin, and after 25 years of using PCs it's a different world.
John Godwin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds