EX1 with Glidecam at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old February 27th, 2008, 08:49 AM   #1
Major Player

EX1 with Glidecam

I am using my EX1 with a Glidecam 4000 and Smooth Shooter X-10 vest/arm.
Works great!
Here is a mod I made for my Glidcam 4000 so that balancing is extremely fast and positive.
http://www.abracadabrastudios.com/CamPix/GlideCam.jpg

Perform the gross adjustments with the Glidecam sled, then fine tune it with the micrometric stages.
You'll need 2 Manfrotto micrometric adjustment stages mounted at 90 degress from each other and a manfrotto quick release on top.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/...sitioning_Plate.html $89.95 each 2 required.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/...2_System_Quick.htmln $29.95 1 required.
Best, Craig
www.keystv.com
Craig Hollenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2008, 11:22 AM   #2
Major Player

I also have a glidecam, and had many troubles to stabilize it. I want to find something somewhat like you did, but havn't find a solution yet.

Isn't your solution too heavy ?
The EX1 on the glidecam is already hard to handle more than 20 seconds without shaking :)
Sebastien Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2008, 11:52 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Definitely have to have the Vest and Arm. There is no way you could hand hold the EX1 and just the sled. I ran the EX1 on a glidecam 4000 with the vest and arm this weekend. Worked like a glidecam. It's not a SteadiCam but your not paying for a SteadiCam either.
Chris Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2008, 06:01 PM   #4
Major Player

get the X-10 upgrade

Chris, I got the X-10 upgrade for the arm and mount and it makes a HUGE difference! It's very much worth the price/performance improvement.
BTW, I shot a single take that was nearly an hour long as a walk through of a Bio lab using it with a Z1U with Sony WA adapter/wireless receiver...I was tired but not exhausted. It really does help lots. BTW the micro attachment adds about a pound total...I removed one of the weight plates on the top sled to compensate. I currently use a drop time of 3+ seconds
Best, Craig
Craig Hollenback is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds