SxS card pool idea at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old March 16th, 2008, 11:28 AM   #1
Major Player

SxS card pool idea

Okey -let's face it: The SxS-cards are still rediculously expensive compared to other flash memory with almost the same specs. I for one will be waiting for price drops as long as I possibly can before I buy more cards than the two 8 Gb-cards that came with my camera.

So - what to do in the mean time...? I have a few projects coming up this spring but lots of the time my camera and cards are just sitting there collecting dust. So why not make optimal use of the cards that are already out there and lend each other cards when we can?

If I know someone is going on a weekend shoot and I will be home with my family I'd be happy to lend him/her my cards and maybe some other time it can work the other way round.

So - anybody in Stockholm, Sweden with an EX1, interested in starting a "card pool"/mailing list, to be able to maximize the use of our cards?

/ola
Ola Christoffersson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 12:42 PM   #2
Inner Circle

A few of us did that here a few times with the Panasonic P2 cards. Those things are three times more expensive for a given amount of recording time. So the sharing -- or low-cost rental -- of cards among known people was a big help for low-budget producers.
Old March 16th, 2008, 06:00 PM   #3
Inner Circle

I understand there are rental houses that rent SxS cards.

I could have sworn AbelCine told me it would be something like $50/day for 16GB card (maybe just my misinterpretation?).
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2008, 08:12 PM   #4
Trustee

Here in Toronto Videoscope rents out 16Gb for $25 a day
Buba Kastorski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds