The Art of War - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old April 17th, 2008, 03:32 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Had to watch it again. I thought that you used the same song that was used in the Halo3 "Believe in hero" tv commercial but I was wrong. The second song in your video was used in a Gears of War commercial (also another video game). But I found the Halo commercial on youtube if you want to check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZCQa...watch_response

The reason I bring it up is your concept is really commercially viable. I could see your video being used to promote a History Channel show or something. Its so well done that all you would need to do is shorten to 30 seconds or however long commercials run.

Very nicely done, look forward to seeing your next one.
Tom Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2008, 02:10 PM   #17
Major Player

Thanks Tom, i had a peep at the halo commercial after your first post and i loved it, it almost made me want to do another version of mine with better figures which i might do one of the days. Thanks for the positive feedback, i plan to try and film somemore 'out the box' ideas and see where they take me but at the mo im in the middle of trying to produce my first short film with 'real people' and see if i can get my vision to come to life. Would love to get some feedback when thats complete (june).
Daniel Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2008, 04:59 AM   #18
Major Player

Daniel that was a good message and idea?

Childrens toy soldiers Kids learn war through play its a natural instinct. Toy soldiers are toys, just playthings. But when you add a little reality and truth. A realization hits you. What your playing and practicing is likely to have very severe consequences like suffering loss of limbs or life etc. Something never factored into play. All the more poignant and attention grabbing for being original. Nice one
Mark David Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2008, 05:48 AM   #19
Major Player

Thanks Mark, I really appreciate the positive comments and especially your interpretation of the film. Theres a few places/people that have been interested to use it but i would have to replace the music to an original track that i have rights for, which is a shame because i think the 'Mad World' track is perfect for it. So if anyone ever comes across some royalty free music or even a local band that has something that would fit nicely I'd really like to hear. Thank you :)
Daniel Alexander is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds