Can you delete all clips from card at once? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old March 26th, 2008, 12:47 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Can you delete all clips from card at once?

Well, I got the camera and I am having fun. There is a learning curve!
I would like to delete all the clips off my card without disturbing me camera setup file. There has to be a way of doing this. Can someone help me out on this one?

Phil
Phil Hanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 01:01 PM   #2
Major Player

yes, in the menu go to OTHERS (bottom icon) then near the bottom of that click on CLIP then select ALL CLIPS DEL
Daniel Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 01:26 PM   #3
Trustee

I didn't know it could be done that way.
I just select them all,ie click on first clip,hold shift on the keyboard,select the last clip,which highlights them all,then right click the mouse and delete.
All this is done in clip browser and then you don't need to reformat the card when it goes back in the cam.

Paul.
Old March 26th, 2008, 01:35 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Both methods are OK (the former on the camera, the latter with the Clip Browser accessing a card) - no format necessary, as the initial directory structure (including the presets file) is intact.
Old March 26th, 2008, 03:11 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks.

Now I remember seeing that. I love the camera, not quite ready for prime-time, but I am working on it.

Phil
Phil Hanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 03:24 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Is there any reason why just formatting the card is bad?
Steve Gibbons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 03:29 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Picture Profiles can also be stored on the cards. Formatting would clear those out.
Jon Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 03:31 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Gibbons View Post
Is there any reason why just formatting the card is bad?
There's nothing wrong with doing a full reformat. It's just that some EX users will have things picture profile info on the card and they want to keep it that way to use in another EX. Another reason to not do a full reformat is that the clip naming convention will be changed and not follow the same sequence of numbers. For example, you've filled up a card and offloaded it, then reformatted and filled it up again, the clip numbers from the second shoot won't be in sequence with the ones from the first card shoot. At least, that's the way I understand it.

- Don
Don Greening is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds