telephoto options - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old April 8th, 2008, 02:44 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Avery View Post
I know Paul. You were one of the first to order. I think I saw yours going into QC today so they should leave later this week or early next.
Ryan Avery
Schneider Optics
In the uk I was not able to order one in January. When I contacted the dealers they said they would get some when they were ready. Not that they would place an order with yourselves and get a high up place in the 'first come first served' queue.

As you operate through dealers (who wait for the lens to be ready before ordering) and directly this 'first come first served' method does not work as fairly as you think it does.
Brendan Pyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 09:41 AM   #17
Sponsor: Schneider Optics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan Pyatt View Post
In the uk I was not able to order one in January. When I contacted the dealers they said they would get some when they were ready. Not that they would place an order with yourselves and get a high up place in the 'first come first served' queue.

As you operate through dealers (who wait for the lens to be ready before ordering) and directly this 'first come first served' method does not work as fairly as you think it does.
Brendan,

Sorry you feel so displaced. We do our best to offer the finest quality product available in a fair and reasonable manner. We cannot control what or how our dealers order. All dealers are offered product the day it is announced. Any issues with that part of the system will have to be taken up with your dealer. We wholly support our dealer network and do the best to get even distribution of our product.

Being that all back orders should be filled in the next couple weeks, this go around we may not be able to do much for delivery. In the future, I would advise all people wishing to purchase a highly desired new product to contact your distributor, order it, and then let us know that you ordered it. We have enough people here that truly care about our customers and will do the best we can to serve your needs.

Ryan Avery
Schneider Optics
Ryan Avery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 09:52 AM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
We have enough people here that truly care about our customers and will do the best we can to serve your needs.
Ryan,

Thanks for keeping us updated on this. It sounds entirely fair, provided that Zacuto ships mine first :)
Randy Strome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 10:00 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Brendan,

Sorry you feel so displaced. We do our best to offer the finest quality product available in a fair and reasonable manner. We cannot control what or how our dealers order. All dealers are offered product the day it is announced. Any issues with that part of the system will have to be taken up with your dealer. We wholly support our dealer network and do the best to get even distribution of our product.

Being that all back orders should be filled in the next couple weeks, this go around we may not be able to do much for delivery. In the future, I would advise all people wishing to purchase a highly desired new product to contact your distributor, order it, and then let us know that you ordered it. We have enough people here that truly care about our customers and will do the best we can to serve your needs.

Ryan Avery
Schneider Optics
Thanks Ryan.

Of course I wanted one yestarday ;) but that aside I was trying to hi-light in my experience trying to get hold of one that the dealers (and the importer) I contacted were not placing orders (with yourselves) until the item showed as available. It appears to be a chain gang operation in the uk....

It is my understanding that Ortus Media (the importer) have now placed an order with yourselves for several of these lens (in fact several of all of the EX1 lenses) and my dealer has placed an order with Ortus media for a lens for me. Maybe you could confirm that Ortus Media have several on order with yourselves? They said to me that they expected the lens from yourselves after NAB.

The other thing I am not having much luck with is the lens hood - what its made of, its dimensions, how it attatches and the uk availablity of it.
Old April 8th, 2008, 01:13 PM   #20

Quote:
Thanks Ryan.

Of course I wanted one yestarday ;) but that aside I was trying to hi-light in my experience trying to get hold of one that the dealers (and the importer) I contacted were not placing orders (with yourselves) until the item showed as available. It appears to be a chain gang operation in the uk....

It is my understanding that Ortus Media (the importer) have now placed an order with yourselves for several of these lens (in fact several of all of the EX1 lenses) and my dealer has placed an order with Ortus media for a lens for me. Maybe you could confirm that Ortus Media have several on order with yourselves? They said to me that they expected the lens from yourselves after NAB.

The other thing I am not having much luck with is the lens hood - what its made of, its dimensions, how it attatches and the uk availablity of it.
You mean this lenshood or something else?

http://www.schneideroptics.com/ecomm...=1391&IID=1341

Ryan Avery
Schneider Optics
Old April 8th, 2008, 01:15 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Strome View Post
Ryan,

Thanks for keeping us updated on this. It sounds entirely fair, provided that Zacuto ships mine first :)
Randy,

That's the general feeling everywhere. :)

Ryan Avery
Schneider Optics
Old April 8th, 2008, 01:29 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Quote:
You mean this lenshood or something else?

http://www.schneideroptics.com/ecomm...=1391&IID=1341

Ryan Avery
Schneider Optics
Nope this one:

http://www.schneideroptics.com/ecomm...=1391&IID=6252

thanks.
Old April 8th, 2008, 04:59 PM   #23

Quote:
The 0VS-TCSS-00 Sunshade for our telephoto lenses measurements are:

2.6" [~66mm] High not attached to the lens
2.0" [~50mm] When attached to the lens
4.7" [~119mm]Wide at the front
4.1" [105mm] Wide at the base (105mm clamp-on)

Ryan Avery
Schneider Optics
Ryan Avery is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds