Testing your EX1 workflow at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old March 29th, 2008, 10:11 AM   #1
Contributor

Testing your EX1 workflow

Doug Jenson (Vortex Media) has produced another useful DVD related to the EX1:

http://www.vortexmedia.com/EX1DVD/SXSDVD.html

Looks like it would be of great interest to potential EX1 purchasers or even current owners wanting to optimize their workflow.

I have no interest in Vortex other than as a satisfied user.

Carroll Lam
Carroll Lam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2008, 10:23 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Looks like a no brainer. I know Doug but am no relation other than my last name being one letter off!
Shot by Doug Jensen, he also includes 10 pages of detailed instruction on his tried and true workflow. I just read that Doug is at NAB in the Sony Booth and doing a workflow demo class. A great low cost grab to test drive the EX-1, File Format with you NLE and workflow.
Some are quick shots of the same scene but with different frame rate and quality settings. A plus for comparing the different looks that the camera can shoot.
Brian Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2008, 10:59 AM   #3
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Jansen View Post
I just read that Doug is at NAB in the Sony Booth and doing a workflow demo class.
Unless something has changed, Doug told me he will be doing the same class as last year which is for the F350, not the EX-1. I also did a class last year, but will be helping demo XDCAM editors in the booth this year.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2008, 11:43 AM   #4
Tourist

This doesn't look like a workflow instructional video, it's basically an SxS card of footage burned to a DVD so you can test and evaluate the footage.

I don't think current owners would benefit.

I did buy his instructional DVD and it was very useful.
Andrew Wilson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds