z12 focus at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old April 9th, 2008, 10:52 PM   #1
New Boot

z12 focus

Yes I know there are some back focus issues....but I need some help and clarification here....so I am on my second EX1 after returning the first one for backfocus problems....so I have another and now when I zoom in and then pull out all the way....focus is fine....however around z12....by the lcd....some where between 10 and 5.8 on the LCD I lose focus and then when I just get passed z12 and at the end of the lense everything comes back in focus....is this a backfocus issue..my first camera exhibited soft focus all the way through...this is driving me insane... thanks for the help...oh and by the way this is with ND on or off. All states exhibit this behavior....sn 856 firmware 1.03
Ryan Sarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2008, 11:05 PM   #2
Major Player

The cause is not important: get it back to Sony and tell them you do not want to exchange your bad camera for someone else's bad camera. You want a new one.

I have had similar issues with exchanging PS3s and I firmly believe their return and exchange policy is just a swap out policy where they send your bad camera to Joe and you get Joe's bad one. They send you a unit with a different problem and hope you don't notice. With my PS3 I had to tell them I knew what they were doing before I got a new one.

Mike
Michael H. Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 06:44 AM   #3
Regular Crew

That is the old FW. 1.05 is the supposed back focus fix. Send it back.

-Sean
Sean Donnelly is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds