Two short videos from my EX1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old April 12th, 2008, 07:56 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Two short videos from my EX1

I have posted two short videos on Vimeo of some test shoots I did with my new EX1 inspired by Phillip Bloom, Paul Joy and Tom Guilmette. I've finally been able to shoot some real stuff instead of the low budget TVC's and Conferences I've been doing since I bought my kit! I'd love some constructive comments on my color grade on each as well, as I am new to that part of post production. You can see them at www.vimeo.com/889514 and www.vimeo.com/888750
Shaun R Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2008, 09:12 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Really nice camera moves and good grading! You mention Wally Dolly in the Backyard clip. Did you use that for the moves in Watagans too?
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2008, 11:08 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for your encouragement Craig. As I said, I'm not experienced with grading, but your comment is much appreciated. And yes, I did use my Wally Dolly for the Watagans too. It's a great little dolly- invented by an Aussie by the way
Shaun R Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2008, 10:35 AM   #4
Regular Crew

What settings did you use to output your footage from final cut pro? By the way it looked amazing.
Shaun Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2008, 07:42 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Conner View Post
What settings did you use to output your footage from final cut pro? By the way it looked amazing.
Thanks Shaun for your encouragement. I had some trouble at first trying to output from FCP. I ended up using Compressor at 1280x720p and it worked out great.
Shaun R Walker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds