XDCAM-EX MP4 Files at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old April 12th, 2008, 11:54 PM   #1
Tourist

XDCAM-EX MP4 Files

I'm not sure if anyone has encountered this, but is there some way of using the XDCAM EX transfer software to import footage out of a folder on my desktop that contains crucial footage shot during an interview but not imported through XDCAM transfer? In other words, the footage was copied off the XDCAM EX memory card onto the hard drive, but not ingested into Final Cut Pro through the software. The folder contains the raw mp4 file as well as the smi/xml files.

I desperately need to get that footage into the show but am having troubles with the XDCAM transfer software recognizing the files.

Or, am I able to copy it back onto a memory card and then import it through the software?
Marc Whiteway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2008, 01:58 AM   #2
Major Player

If your need is great, download trial version (30 days) of Edius, you can directly import the mp4 files without any attached .xml data files, then render the file as an avi you can open in your usual NLE - lossless for example.

This works.

Paul
Old April 15th, 2008, 07:47 PM   #3
Tourist

XDCAM mp4s

Thanks Paul, I'll give it a try.

The footage is on a Macintosh, so I'm not sure how effective Edius will work in Virtual PC but I will test it out.
Marc Whiteway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2008, 12:58 AM   #4
Major Player

Works perfectly with Bootcamp, not sure about any other emulator - do you have a PC laptop? process on there maybe, then output, just a thought.

Paul
Old April 16th, 2008, 05:10 AM   #5
Trustee

Yes you can import and rewrap from the desktop into another folder,into your documents or external drive or whatever.
I just checked it on my clip browser.
Here's how,
open clip browser
>double click "c" drive
>double click "users"
>double click the user name of your pc
>double click "desktop"
any desktop folders will be there.
>open the folder and rewrap as usual.
>when finished,keep clicking the littl "up" arrow (top left,3rd icon across) until you get back to the list of drives.
I hope this is what you meant.

Paul.
Old April 16th, 2008, 05:17 AM   #6
Regular Crew

You could use Cineform or Adobe CS3 Premiere too I would think....
Ray Bell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds