Audio problem with XDcam Tranfer Software at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old April 14th, 2008, 05:32 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Audio problem with XDcam Tranfer Software

When I import my clips with the XDcam Transfer Software, the left and right audio channels are not separated. In other words, the left channel is mixed equally on the left and right. The same with the right channel.
The audio is fine when I play the clip either right on the camera or from within the XDcam Transfer window, but after the clip is converted to quicktime in the transfer software, my stereo audio becomes two mono channels exactly the same in each channel.

Does anyone know why this is happening?
I am using version 2.5.1

Thanks!
Old April 14th, 2008, 05:49 PM   #2
Inner Circle

It's an annoying thing about FCP. What you have is two center paned mono channels. The same thing would happen if you imported good old DV in as mono.

I would like an FCP feature in which you can import mono but keep the channels paned left and right respectively.

You can pan the source clips though once imported. In my case I have a Sony shotgun 680s which can be either stereo or mono. I recorded stereo recently. I grabbed the clip once in the timeline and used the Stereo link command and it immediately paned the clips.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 06:06 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Craig!!!!
That did the trick.

Paul

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds