Timelapse with geared/remote control tripod head. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old May 8th, 2008, 07:13 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Bland View Post
Cool. Your the best Alexander :)

Can you do a horizontal and vertical arch at the same time?

You have to hold down the buttons or is it pre-programmable?

Just ordered...... $184CAD Shipped to Canada.

Lonnie is great! Got on it straight away :)
Sorry I havent posted photos of the washer and bolt solution, I seem to have misplaced it after the weekends shooting. Ill post when I find it but I think you can get the general idea.
Alexander Kubalsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2008, 07:32 PM   #17
Wrangler

I know that nobody will believe me, but I had entertained that same thought early on with my XDCAM HD camera. I did some tests at 64 frame accumulation by moving the tripod head ever so slowly between intervals. It worked but wasn't ultimately that smooth. I knew a motorized head would be needed but never thought about a telescope mount (it wouldn't handle the weight of the full size camera anyway).

Good thinking Alexander!

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 01:29 AM   #18
Tourist

Hey Alex, I just found this thread whilst browsing around searching for a way to do panning timelapses for cheap. The kd mount seems like a great tool. Just wondering if you have any more footage on the internet. Maybe stuff shot with smaller intervals like 3fps as This may give the pan a smoother feel. Would be great if you have.

Thanks

James
James Cheetham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2008, 03:57 AM   #19
Major Player

Junk!

The unit I got fell apart in 5 days of light duty and I'm always super good with my gear.

Metal screwed into plastic is what this is. The base plate that attaches to the tripod is metal but that is attached to the rest of the Motor mount by 3 little screws that screw into PLASTIC. 3 Tiny screws in plastic holding your camera while you scramble through the world. One of the screws had started coming out so I went to tighten it only to find that it was already stripped. That's why it was falling out. I took out the other 2 screws that were holding only to find these were all that was holding the camera! Crazy. What's even more crazy is that someone who assembled my unit mismatched the base plate so instead of threading the correct screws into the inset metal threads (imbedded into the plastic) they cheaped out and screwed them into the plastic. Zero quality control. Then the pan lock stripped it's plastic threads as well. The pan lock is necessary or the unit won't pan.

I just got a reply from Mizar which basically said that the unit was meant for light duty hobbyist telescope work and the pros video will often buy several units in anticipation of a failure.....

So, if you are serious about a head thad will stand up to more than just light puttering around in grandma's back yard forget this one..... or buy several of them.
Attached Thumbnails
Timelapse with geared/remote control tripod head.-img_0534.jpg   Timelapse with geared/remote control tripod head.-img_0535.jpg  

Jonathan Bland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 05:28 AM   #20
Tourist

Mizar kd mount for sale

Hi there, I have just finished working on a film and have no more need for my mizar kd mount. I have only used it a few times and it is perfect condition and comes with all the parts + clamps to hold down the buttons.

I only have one timelapse shot with it online in this clip - http://www.levelarmy.com/video/out%20now.mov

(It's the shot of the seafront)

I am after £80 + shipping cost and I can accept via paypal.

Thanks
James Cheetham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds