Vasst Ex1 Trg Dvd? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old May 2nd, 2008, 10:18 AM   #1
Trustee

Vasst Ex1 Trg Dvd?

Any comments on this DVD vs the Vortex version? VASST makes pretty good trg stuff but I have never seen Vortex's DVDs yet. Not sure if users here could comment on any of em?
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 12:06 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Admittedly I'm slightly biased but since your asking, I'd say go with Vasst. It should give ya a pretty thorough skill set to get up and running and feel comfortable with the EX1. I did watch both but dug the Vasst one a bit more, helped me out quite a bit.

- Ray
Old May 3rd, 2008, 11:11 AM   #3
Major Player

I have the Vortex training DVD for the EX-1 and the VAAST DVD for the HVR-Z7U and I feel the Vortex DVD is superior. Every word seems carefully thought out and scripted. The VAAST DVD while quite good, seems more like it was off the top of the teachers head. I do not have the VAAST DVD for the EX-1 so I can't comment on that specific DVD. My 2 cents.
Kevin Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2008, 12:37 PM   #4
Regular Crew

My feelings are the same as Kevin's.

I should stress that I don't have the VASST DVD for the EX1 but I do have nine of their Vegas Pro training DVDs and also their Video for the Web DVD and they have a much more "classroom" feel in that it seems unscripted with the presenter just giving info off the top of his head within a given subject area.

The Vortex DVD on the EX1 seemed to have been carefully scripted for maximum information in concise format. Of course the VASST DVD may be the same, but if so it would show a change in style from their other DVDs.

Don't get me wrong the VASST DVDs are good - I just think the two Vortex titles I've purchased have been better.
Ian Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2008, 12:15 AM   #5
Trustee

thks 4 the feedback. I saw a sample chapter of the Vortex too. I think its good for newbies :) I'm sure VASST is good too but it may be suited for a different audience
Sean Seah is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds