Raincover for Ex1? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old May 12th, 2008, 06:15 AM   #1
Tourist

Raincover for Ex1?

First post so Ill start by thanking everyone this board has been a treasure trove of info

What are you all using for a rain cover on the ex1?
William Dickinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2008, 07:09 AM   #2
Inner Circle

So you have an outdoor shoot today too? Noticed you're in the same general area with same weather I'm getting. Just a "me too" since I remember seeing some posts about some issues with the early rain jackets that came to market supposedly compatible with the EX1.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2008, 07:14 AM   #3
Inner Circle

This thread makes one suggestion.
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=121252
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2008, 07:47 PM   #4
Tourist

Craig,

Lol. No shoot in the rain today thank goodness. But driving to work did make me remember I needed one. Have a long shoot in Wyoming in July so still have some time. Speaking of, the PRC-EX1 from Petrol looks like the way to go. Anyone know when it will be available?
William Dickinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 07:32 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Rain cover? You doan need no steenking rain cover!!! I was out yesterday in 50 knot winds with torrential rain and used the removable waterproofing from my camera pack. In all seriousness I sure could have used a custom cover. I hope Petrol releases theirs soon, it was pretty nerve racking as it was impossible to keep the camera dry in those conditions. Got some killer footage of a sailboat being rescued by the Coast Guard. TWC almost bought it but alas, there was just to much footage coming in from all around the country, mine just wasn't dramatic enough.

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media
Mick Haensler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds