Sandisk officially announces own SxS media at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old May 15th, 2008, 12:15 PM   #1
Major Player

Sandisk officially announces own SxS media

http://www.geniusdv.com/news_and_tut...y-xdcam-ex.php

SanDisk has decided to get on board with the Sony XDCam and produce media for the very popular new cam. The speed and transfer times are identical to the Sony cards yet this offers up some competition to the Sony card. As of right now these cards are aprox. the same price as the Sony cards but I would assume that is going to change in the near future. The 16Gb card retails for $899.00 while the 8Gb cards is offered at $499.00. The great thing about the EX cards is the transfer rates. You can offload a 16 gb card in less than 3 minutes. That is about 60 minutes of footage transfered to off to your favorite hard drive in less than 3 minutes. You can import these clips directly into Final Cut Pro and edit them instantly! That makes the new Sony Xd cams worth upgrading to! Check out the complete line of SanDisk cards and check out the amazing features of this new media!
Marshall Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2008, 12:25 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Cool. I hope the Sandisk USB reader is faster, smaller and cheaper. Just dreaming.
Gints Klimanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2008, 12:39 PM   #3
Major Player

Well, I've heard that Sandisk is making the Sony cards, so does that mean that they are competing with themselves? Also, the Sandisk cards were cheaper at the dealer I checked with but he had already sold out of them.....no duhhh. ;)
Dave Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2008, 12:44 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Morrison View Post
Well, I've heard that Sandisk is making the Sony cards, so does that mean that they are competing with themselves? Also, the Sandisk cards were cheaper at the dealer I checked with but he had already sold out of them.....no duhhh. ;)
Sandisk sets the price in both cases. Sony collects a premium for the Sony name. It's the same for any other accessory. Sony sells marked up rechargeable NiMH batteries in its store.
Gints Klimanis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds