Ex1 or Ex3 purchase decision... - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old June 1st, 2008, 12:24 PM   #46
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Polster View Post
I just wish Sony had designed it with the JVC "mini" shoulder mount design, as I really agree with this body shape.
So, the EX3 has this "ajustable shoulder pad"... How long until someone replaces that for some "over the shoulder" brace?

George/
George Kroonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 12:43 PM   #47
Inner Circle

I think the F330 did not get approved because at the time the tests were done it used to be supplied as a kit that included a servo controlled auto-focus lens. I believe it was the quality of the servo lens that led to the F330 being rejected. The Discovery tests are pretty exhaustive and as well as picture quality take many things into account such as use-ability, ergonomics, workflow, subjective image quality as well as technical image quailty, build quality and the legendary codec tests.

As it would be impossible to tell whether something was shot with an F350 0r f330 (assuming a decent lens) then I doubt there would be a problem using an F330.
Old June 1st, 2008, 03:42 PM   #48
Major Player

To do so ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Kroonder View Post
So, the EX3 has this "ajustable shoulder pad"... How long until someone replaces that for some "over the shoulder" brace?

George/
Would not be difficult at all. It's very clear that a on/off brace can be made to fit the EX3 ~ easily. Hell, I'll make one myself.
Dean Harrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2008, 06:34 AM   #49
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Harrington View Post
Would not be difficult at all.
Right, my thoughts exactly. All this "talk" about how it should have been a "real shouldermount" is a bit moot in my book. The EX3 design looks really flexible to me! In fact, I'd say it could not BE any better.

George/
George Kroonder is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds