DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Anyone with Serial 100084 at Sony Service? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/122125-anyone-serial-100084-sony-service.html)

Colin McFadden May 21st, 2008 01:09 PM

Anyone with Serial 100084 at Sony Service?

So, a couple weeks back, I sent my XDcam EX to San Jose for the backfocus to be adjusted. It came back yesterday, all shiny and nice.

Then today, another one came.

It's serial 100084, it's definitely not mine. I've called the san jose office and let a message, and spoken with the main service and support number as well. Hopefully they'll work it out and I can just ship it back to them. But, on the off chance that the owner of 100084 is on DVinfo ... I've got your camera. Terribly sorry.

Benjamin Eckstein May 21st, 2008 01:13 PM

Maybe Sony just thought you needed a second camera.

Andy Tejral May 21st, 2008 01:24 PM

Ya, its mine--go ahead and send it to me! I'll send yours when I get it.

(do you think he fell for it?)

Craig Seeman May 21st, 2008 01:35 PM

Maybe they thought you were so good at finding issues they'd send you other to provide QC/QA for.

That's a really early serial number too.

Christopher Witz May 21st, 2008 02:27 PM

hmmm... i have 100089 and bought it from abel cine in NY.... maybe they know who owns it?

Your doing the right thing by not keeping it.... life is to short and carma will hit your dogma if you'd a kept it.

Benjamin Eckstein May 21st, 2008 02:41 PM

It's pretty hilarious though. I was shocked when my cam came back from Sony and Fed Ex left it on my doorstep. I was home, so I heard when they rang the bell but the Fed Ex guy was back in his truck, so had I not been home a nice box that says SONY EX-1 would have been sitting on my front porch. Seems a little stupid.

Doug Okamoto May 21st, 2008 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christopher Witz (Post 881214)
hmmm... i have 100089 and bought it from abel cine in NY.... maybe they know who owns it?

Your doing the right thing by not keeping it.... life is to short and carma will hit your dogma if you'd a kept it.

Abel Cine may be able to tell Colin who bought it but I doubt they would. Customer privacy issue and all.

I agree, this was a very honest thing Colin. I applaud your integrity! I wish everyone was like this!

Mike Mona May 21st, 2008 06:33 PM

Mine is still there. So sorry is not it. I would ask you to keep it, so they would send me a new one.

Regards.

Greg Boston May 21st, 2008 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Eckstein (Post 881224)
It's pretty hilarious though. I was shocked when my cam came back from Sony and Fed Ex left it on my doorstep. I was home, so I heard when they rang the bell but the Fed Ex guy was back in his truck, so had I not been home a nice box that says SONY EX-1 would have been sitting on my front porch. Seems a little stupid.

I haven't filed the signature card with FedEX so anytime someone ships to me via FedEX, I have to personally sign for it. They won't leave anything at my doorstep without a signature.

-gb-

Chris Li May 22nd, 2008 08:17 AM

Sony Customer Service

This is not very reassuring. I hope the owner doesn't need his/her camera back for that big job tomorrow. SOL

Colin McFadden May 22nd, 2008 10:14 PM

What's very odd is that I've now left a few messages with the San Jose phone number (explaining the whole story) and haven't gotten a call back.

I'm going to try going through the normal service line again and see if they have anyone else to call. I know how upset I'd be if my camera had been sent to someone else, so I really want to get it resolved. I'm just worried if I ship it back directly without arranging it in advance, it'll just get logged as coming from me and come right back.

Doug Okamoto May 22nd, 2008 11:46 PM

I don't recommend that you send it back without arranging it first. This is an unusual situation and I think that Sony acts slowly when faced with unusual circumstances.

I suspect that someone there may think it was a scam or crank call and once that is investigated and you are found to be honest they will get the ball rolling and take care of it. Be persistent and patient!

Thanks again for your integrity!

Colin McFadden May 23rd, 2008 03:00 PM

resolution

For anyone interested, I finally reached someone at Sony today that was able to resolve this - they're sending out a shipping label to get it back to them. Good deal.

Sean Seah May 24th, 2008 10:05 AM

Thumbs up for the honesty!