Clip Browser install help at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old May 27th, 2008, 05:15 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Clip Browser install help

A newbie to the world of tapeless workflow here, so go easy on me. I can't seem to find the answer to this on this site or the Web at large.

I edit on FCP, and am holding off on getting an MBP until the rumored design change, hopefully sooner than later. I have a gig coming up soon and would like to take a circa 2005 Dell laptop (with sufficient specs) with me to capture footage and get it onto portable drives, for later import into FCP on return home. On attempting to install the Clip Browser software I get a message reading, in effect, "This setup requires the .NET Framework version 2.0." and then gives me the option to go to the appropriate site to download said software. The suggested version is apparently no longer available, but there is a version 3.5. However, when I click that link, I get an error message that the page no longer exists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Michael Rehfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2008, 07:57 PM   #2
Major Player

Try here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
Jim Montgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2008, 09:14 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Success

Hi Jim --

It worked just fine, I can't thank you enough. Clips play back a bit choppy in the playback window, but I suppose it's due to my older Dell's video card.

So . . .once these clips are copied over to an external drive, I will then theoretically be able to use XDCam Transfer and open them up in FCP?

Thanks again.
Michael Rehfield is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds