Premiere Pro 3.2 and HD-DVD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old June 4th, 2008, 07:32 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Premiere Pro 3.2 and HD-DVD

First of all the work flow is a breeze IMHO. But I don't have any HD-DVD disks to write to. I will need to order from the internet, way isolated from civilization. Anyone have a source? Anything less than $15 per disk?

Just interested in how others are seeing the Adobe workflow and HD-DVDs.
Charles Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 09:25 PM   #2
Major Player

Do you mean Blu-ray? HD-DVD is pretty much dead. Adobe Encore lets you author Blu-rays, but not necessarily a breeze. The cheapest Blu-ray disc I know of now is $12: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...able_Disc.html
Rob Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 04:21 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Blue-Ray workflow for Adobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Young View Post
First of all the work flow is a breeze IMHO. But I don't have any HD-DVD disks to write to. I will need to order from the internet, way isolated from civilization. Anyone have a source? Anything less than $15 per disk?

Just interested in how others are seeing the Adobe workflow and HD-DVDs.
I am planning to include BlueRay DVD as a distribution format also.
In general, I find Adobe be rather unstable/buggy when exporting HD projects from the timeline to Encore (even for standard PAL DVD's)...especially on longer projects (>15min)

I would like to know, whether someone has already some experience with the Adobe workflow for Blue-Ray to tell us his experience and probably post some tips and tricks...

Based on my experience with even standard PAL DVD authoring, the Adobe work flow can be very tricky.

Some issues:
- how to keep the correct colour space (709 for HD)
- use H.264 or MPEG for authoring ? What is better quality-wise and for best compatibility with standard (consumer-) Blue ray players
- how to shoot ? 720p25 of 720p50 or 1080i50 or 1080p25 (I am in PAL-area)

I am using Sony EX1 and perhaps buy Cineform Prospect HD for Adobe Prod. Premium...

Ulli
Ulli Grunow is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds