New Macbook Pro - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old June 9th, 2008, 03:02 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Chiu View Post
if they announce anything new for the MBP monday, i wish it is a blu-ray option. they would be perfect for us HD users.
Paul, as soon as Panasonic and the likes have a BR-drive small enough to fit into the MBP enclosure, you can retrofit that into any Powerbook and MBP :-) That is how I replaced my aging super drives until I needed a real speed jump processor-wise. So no need to buy a new MBP if the feature-delta is only a BR-drive.

P.

Edit: Look here: www.mcetech.com/

Last edited by Peter Kraft; June 9th, 2008 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Added link
Peter Kraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2008, 03:21 AM   #17
Major Player

Sorry submitted twice
Peter Kraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 08:38 AM   #18
Regular Crew

So no updates from WWDC - I rekon we're looking at the end of the year for blu ray macbook pros and macpros.

I know the models they're using are the same matshita ones that sony use as adobe have already qualified them for CS3 with macbook pros and mac pros :)
Jamie Allan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 01:47 PM   #19
Major Player

peter

it's true you could put one in yourself, but with blu-ray, requiring firmware and specific drivers, you really do not want to do that.

there is already some panasonic (matsushita) half height blu-ray drive for notebooks already, slot loading which dell has on their XPS notebooks. they can be bought for about US $600, but again, no apple firmware available that i know of.

paul
Paul Chiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 04:51 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Keep in mind that Apple DVDStudioPro can't author any form of Blu-ray video disk yet.

Certainly you can install a Blu-ray burner in MacPros. I know of folks doing that already. There's a company that many recommend for Mac and they have drives for MacBookPro 17" but the company isn't DVInfo sponsor so I probably can't mention them.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 05:05 PM   #21
Major Player

Since I just bought my MBP....I am just looking at one of these...

http://www.lacie.com/us/products/product.htm?pid=11054
Jason Bodnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 05:15 PM   #22
Inner Circle

Lesser known company than LaCie but well known to Mac Professionals. I know post house buying these drives for their authoring

Tray for Desktop
http://fastmac.com/slim_bluray.php

Slot for MacBookPro17"
http://store.fastmac.com/product_inf...roducts_id=338
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds