Avid MC 3.0 released at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old June 14th, 2008, 01:33 PM   #1
Major Player

Avid MC 3.0 released

I know most people on this forum use FCP but I thought that some of you would be interested to know that Avid released MC 3.0 a few days ago. Free upgrade if you bought 2.8 this spring.
Once the new Sony clip browser is released it will support drag and drop import of files straight from Clip browser into Bin.
Ola Christoffersson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2008, 02:59 PM   #2
Telecam Films

Although not officially supported, 35mbps EX files exported with the Sony clip browser as MXFs will fast import in Avid MC 3.0.

Thierry.
Thierry Humeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2008, 04:15 PM   #3
Major Player

That actually works already with 2.8.3.
The good thing with 3.0 is that it (supposedly) supports import of MP4-files. No more need to rewrap to MXF.
Ola Christoffersson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2008, 06:44 PM   #4
Major Player

Yes, I'm importing from Sony to Avid now, but I have to go through a number of (surprisingly time-consuming) steps to do it.
Can't wait for the Mac version of Clip Browser v. 2, which promises to speed up the process considerably.
Malcolm
Malcolm Hamilton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds