Took the Plunge...Willing to Shoot Test for Others - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old July 12th, 2008, 02:53 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Glad its working out well for you Adam!

I have one of my assignable buttons set up for "last clip delete". I kind of use it as a cache function recording for a while then if nothing happens just delete the clip. A proper memory cache function would be nice and has been requested from Sony.
Old July 20th, 2008, 10:55 PM   #17
Major Player

Update: I've conducted most of the tests listed and will post footage within the week. I can confirm the following:

- The audio in the EX1 is fine fine fine. No worries there at all.

- I ran with the EX1. If you go through it frame by frame you can see some wobble but at full frame rate its not noticeable (at least not to my eyes) at all. But once the footage is up you can be the judge of that.

- The camera flash tests were interesting to say the least.

- Bill Ravens TruColor 3 is my favorite neutral picture profile

- Slow/fast motion is fun!

Stay tuned.
Adam Reuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2008, 10:39 PM   #18
Major Player

My first series of tests are now up at http://dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=127200 . I have already taped the other ones but just now had some free time to get those up. I'm definitely enjoying the EX1 and really most of these tests were to show the camera at its worst.

It absolutely excels in the audio department. The Rode NTK microphone that I tested has an annoying 10K sibilance issue and it is clearly evident in the audio test video. It sounds the same as dedicated hardware that I've used in music studios...which is saying a lot.

In practically any other situation besides the stuff I put it through the EX1 ipeforms fantastically and it will be the gold standard in this price range for a while.
Adam Reuter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds