How do I output audio when using component out? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old July 19th, 2008, 12:15 PM   #1
Major Player

How do I output audio when using component out?

I added this question to the end of another thread, but didn't get an answer so I thought I would create a separate thread for the question.

I wan't to be able to show clips from the camera on an HDTV or through my digital projector and sound system.

According to the manual, if I output from the camera in HD via component video to a display capable of displaying 720 or 1080 (my video projector), the A/V composite output is disabled.

Where do I get the audio from?

John
John Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2008, 12:18 PM   #2
Regular Crew

when i hooked my camera up to my 40" sony lcd i used component video cables + audio ends from composite cable and it worked fine.
Old July 19th, 2008, 12:30 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hollister View Post
when i hooked my camera up to my 40" sony lcd i used component video cables + audio ends from composite cable and it worked fine.
Thanks for the clarification. I guess then, the translation of the Sony manual on page 117 on the chart entitled "Limitations of Outputs" should be:

For a Menu setting of YPbPr/SDI Out Select to HD. A/V OUT should read No (video) signal instead of No signal or Audio only instead of No signal.

Thanks again,

John
John Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2008, 04:09 PM   #4
Major Player

Update:

It works just fine. Analog Audio on the A/V output is indeed active in conjunction with using Component Out despite what the manual says.

I would assume that also applies to SDI out as well, but I have nothing to test that output with right now to confirm.

John
John Peterson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds