Explosions! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old August 8th, 2008, 02:24 PM   #16
Major Player

might one want to shoot with no shutter to catch fast flashes/explosions? i would imagine the chance of the camera completely missing a flash would be greater if there is a longer space of time between end of exposure of one frame and the beginning of the next. of course this also has a specific effect on the images, so its not appropriate if you really need to use a high shutter to avoid motion blur. but with the shutter open, the beginning of one frame and end of the next should be nearly the same time.

i really dont see how long gop would affect the cameras ability to render an explosion except that it would be tough on the encoder since the explosion would suddenly change the scene, making it harder to compress. it would just be more affected by this fast/noisy motion than an i-frame only codec.
Noah Yuan-Vogel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds