Viewing EX3 footage at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old August 15th, 2008, 12:30 PM   #1
New Boot

Viewing EX3 footage

Sorry, I'm sure this is rehashed territory and yes, I did try the search function, but it wasn't working on my work computer.
I have a chance to demo an EX3 early next week. I want to be able to view the footage. But I'm running a MacPro Intel with OS 10.4 and FCP 5.1. I'm not really concerned about seeing the footage in Final Cut, I just want to view it and save it on the Mac. Is that possible and what's the workflow? I have QT 7.5, the latest VLC player and MPEG Clipstream as well.
Any quick answers appreciated.
Scott Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2008, 03:56 PM   #2
Regular Crew

You'll probably need:

1. Mac SxS drivers
2. XDCam Clip Browser
3. XDCam Transfer (probably not)

VLC, unless recently updated without my knowledge, will not playback the audio stream.
Someone smarter than me, may be able to tell you what is needed, if anything special, to view from QuickTime Pro.

Best of luck.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds