Cannot access Direct menu at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old August 18th, 2008, 03:10 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Cannot access Direct menu

Hello,

I am unable to access the direct menu on the LCD/EVF screen. I managed to do that normaly last week - you only press the joystick or the dial wheel and you are in. I have the CAMERA/DIRECT MENU in PART. I tried ALL and OFF but nothing works. I reseted to factory settings. but still no go in the on-screen menu. Of course no FULL AUTO. I hope I am missing something.... Thanks for help

Petr
Petr Bastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2008, 10:42 AM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petr Bastar View Post
Hello,

I am unable to access the direct menu on the LCD/EVF screen.

Petr
Mine does that when the memory card is nearly full. Change cards and menu access comes back.
George Strother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 06:02 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thank you for the reply. You are correct, I found it myself. I had 0min space on both cards. I deleted them and the direct menu problem was gone. That is strange, isnt it. ??

Thank you again, now I know what caused it.
Petr Bastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 06:46 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Whenever the camera needs your attention (usually displaying a message, like about low battery or media, or even confirming the change you have just made to some setting), the Direct Menu becomes inaccessible; this is one of the most silly things that crossed the minds of the designers.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds