Alternative Rock Live Music with the EX1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old September 23rd, 2008, 03:18 PM   #1
Major Player

Alternative Rock Live Music with the EX1

I was a videographer for the Baltimore Music Conference last week and met/saw this really cool band named Zoi Rose. Here's some songs from their set:

Zoi Rose - "Raw" live at Baltimore Music Conference 2008 on Vimeo

Stalker's Anthem - http://www.vimeo.com/1793103

Zoi Rose - "Do You" live at the Baltimore Music Conference 2008 By Adam Reuter On ExposureRoom

Zoi Rose - Oh Charlie from BMC 2008 at Rash Field Baltimore By Adam Reuter On ExposureRoom

There weren't any stage lights on during the first song and a little into the second except a red geled one. And my white balance was set for non-stage lighting for a performance that happened right before Zoi Rose went on so sorry about that. All sound was from the EX1's built-in microphone and I think it sounded decent. I was right next to the speakers (had ear protection in the form of Sony 7506 headphones on though) and that's about what it sounded like live. Board audio sucks a lot of times and this stuff sounds "open" and crisp.

This video has not been color corrected in any way. Everything was straight from the camera except I bumped up the audio level to match computer level 0...it was recorded at a -12dB reference for TV.

Also, that guy who walked/stood right in front of my camera during the opening of Raw..grr!

Last edited by Adam Reuter; September 23rd, 2008 at 05:45 PM.
Adam Reuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2008, 03:57 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Reuter View Post
I was a videographer for the Baltimore Music Conference last week and met/saw this really cool band named Zoi Rose. Here's some songs from their set:

Zoi Rose - "Raw" live at Baltimore Music Conference 2008 on Vimeo

Stalker's Anthem - Zoi Rose - "Stalker's Anthem" live at Baltimore Music Conference 2008 on Vimeo

Zoi Rose - "Do You" live at the Baltimore Music Conference 2008 By Adam Reuter On ExposureRoom

Zoi Rose - Oh Charlie from BMC 2008 at Rash Field Baltimore By Adam Reuter On ExposureRoom

There weren't any stage lights on during the first song and a little into the second except a red geled one. And my white balance was set for non-stage lighting for a performance that happened right before Zoi Rose went on so sorry about that. All sound was from the EX1's built-in microphone and I think it sounded decent. I was right next to the speakers (had ear protection in the form of Sony 7506 headphones on though) and that's about what it sounded like live. Board audio sucks a lot of times and this stuff sounds "open" and crisp.

This video has not been color corrected in any way. Everything was straight from the camera except I bumped up the audio level to match computer level 0...it was recorded at a -12dB reference for TV.

Also, that guy who walked/stood right in front of my camera during the opening of Raw..grr!
Adam,

As you said, the other two looked much better than the first. Why is it that it takes next to nothing to end up with reddish or even orange skin tones with this camera? Even the promo DVD from Sony that was supposed to show off the camera had it as well? Sometimes I get that too and sometimes I don't even when I think I am doing the same thing each time.

John
John Peterson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds