Timecode transfer & Clipbrowser at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old October 10th, 2008, 03:02 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Timecode transfer & Clipbrowser

Does clipbrowser keep the timecode of a clip when converting a EX3 clip to .mxf to
FCP or Avid?
Because it does not in Liquid.
Also when I change the name of the clip in clipbrowser from the one the EX3 gives to another, it changes in the window but when I export out it keeps the old name, is this normal?
Thanks
Mark Twittey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2008, 04:52 AM   #2
Trustee

I have to convert to mxf for use in vegas.
In vegas fx i can "add timecode to all media" and the time or frames or whatever i choose shows in the bottom of the screen.
So yes timecode does get carried across with the conversion.

Paul.
Old October 10th, 2008, 07:09 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Kellett View Post
I have to convert to mxf for use in vegas.
In vegas fx i can "add timecode to all media" and the time or frames or whatever i choose shows in the bottom of the screen.
So yes timecode does get carried across with the conversion.

Paul.
Actually, the Vegas "Sony timecode" FX displays the timecode of the timeline; to display that embedded in the mxf clips, use the script "Add timecode to all media" instead.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds