Any MXO2 users in our group? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old November 7th, 2008, 07:06 PM   #1
Major Player

Any MXO2 users in our group?

I"m thinking about selling my Kona 3 card and getting the Matrox MXO2 so I can have some portability. Is anybody here using the MXO2 with their EX1/3 footage? Impressions?
Dave Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2008, 10:13 PM   #2
Major Player

I've been a beta tester and user of MXO2 since day 1.

Works very nicely with EX footage. You can ingest via SDI live from camera in whatever codec you can support on your computer/drive combo. Note that you cannot transcode to ProRes real time on MBPro-- ProRes requires at least 1 quad-core processor for RT transcode. But the really cool feature is HDMI output-- and you can use the color bars in FCP plus the MXO2 calibration utility to calibrate your HDMI monitor. Of course, it supports SDI. And for portable use, you can power it with any 12v battery.
Ned Soltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2008, 11:10 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Ned. I figured it might still be a bit early to get honest feedback since the MXO2 has only been available for a few weeks. Anyone else here have one?
Dave Morrison is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds