Converting 50i to 60i at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old December 3rd, 2008, 01:56 PM   #1
Contributor

Converting 50i to 60i

HELP! My client has just handed me a bunch of clips taken with the EX-1 in 50i (done here in the U.S.). The crew that shot the footage rented the camera and apparently had no clue it was set to PAL (unbelievable!). There were politics involved on why this series of clips was shot by another production group (union issues, etc...). Maybe they'l now realize politics aren't worth it if you want it done right.

My client wants me to edit it down to SD NTSC and add time code. I've tried converting it in After Effects CS3, but get black frames from the frame rate difference. Premiere Pro CS3 seems to be able to handle it, but CRAWLS to render it.

Any suggestions???? Thanks!

Stuart
Stuart Brontman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2008, 01:35 AM   #2
Trustee

Try Canopus Procoder. we use it to convert PAL to NTSC (at least we used to use use it before we had the facility to select between 50 & 60i)
Vincent Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2008, 07:52 AM   #3
Contributor

The problem was solved using updated Clip Browser software from Sony's website. It allowed me to convert to 60i very easily.
Stuart Brontman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds