Any news on EX3 firmware upgrade? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old December 6th, 2008, 10:30 AM   #1
Major Player

Any news on EX3 firmware upgrade?

It's December 6th and word has been Sony was going to issue a firmware upgrade for the EX3 today. It's suppose to deal with the "focus locking" issue on the EX3.

I have surveyed the Sony support pages and haven't seen anything yet? Does anyone know if this is going to be a user serviceable upgrade?
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2008, 10:41 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I just spoke to a girl from SONY Prime Support UK
She said they are expecting the Firmware to come through from Japan any day now and that it will as you say be the fix for the focus issue...

She will call me again when she knows more.

IŽll see what I can find out about the warrantie and if we can upload ourselves.
I for one am not planning to pay for it, as it is a system fault in the first place.
Kenny Cowburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2008, 07:35 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks for the update Kenny. Looking forward to the final result of your findings and hopefully a toasty warm firmware update patch.
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds