MxR Expresscard/SDHC replacement for SxS site now open - Page 8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old December 25th, 2008, 10:09 PM   #106
Inner Circle

Ross, I ordered the Airmail post rate (slower) and noticed somewhere signature is required. Is there anyway to estimate delivery date so I can make sure I'm present to sign?
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2008, 10:36 PM   #107
New Boot

Got the cards yesterday. Works with the Sandisk 32gb sdhc cards, 16 gb transcend cards aswell as the 16gb sandisks - simply awesome!
Lou Kulynych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2008, 03:13 AM   #108
Sponsor: eFilms (MxR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Kulynych View Post
Got the cards yesterday. Works with the Sandisk 32gb sdhc cards, 16 gb transcend cards aswell as the 16gb sandisks - simply awesome!
Dang Lou, you bet me to it. I couldn't find a 32GB card for love nor money in Hong Kong. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it, and where did you buy it?

I'm glad the cards are working well for you.
Old December 26th, 2008, 07:12 AM   #109
New Boot

Hi Ross, I got mine at Amazon.com paid a little over $200 and I know I over paid but I have no regrets. I am gonna check out JR.com in NYC to see if they have them available for $150. I am planning to get two more of your cards.

Cheers,
Lou Kulynych
Lou Kulynych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2008, 07:50 AM   #110
Major Player

Hi Ross!

Ordered five cards yesterday. Got confirmation from PayPal right away. Should I expect a confirmation from you as well? Also - when will you ship the next batch/my cards?

Thanks!

/ola
Old December 26th, 2008, 08:19 AM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola Christoffersson View Post
Hi Ross!

Ordered five cards yesterday. Got confirmation from PayPal right away. Should I expect a confirmation from you as well? Also - when will you ship the next batch/my cards?

Thanks!

/ola
Hi Ola,

You will receive confirmation of order. We usually ship within 2-3 days of order at most, and have been doing a little better than that. But the order department, (not me for this one), will send you the EMS tracking number as soon as it is available.

Thanks again for the order
Old December 26th, 2008, 12:47 PM   #112
Regular Crew

greetings (and answer) from México

Ross.

Thanks for your answer and sorry for the delay (Christmas days).... I live on the north part of the country (Chihuahua), near to the border with US and unfortunately it is far from Mexico City or the original Mayan territories (Yucatan)... anyway, if you need anything just contact me (I´ll be glad to help)... and be ready for my order !!!!!

Kind regards
Old January 27th, 2009, 02:44 AM   #113
New Boot

The Ultra II 16 GB doesn't work at my EX1 camera

Thanks for your reply

I purchased Sandisk ultra II 16 GB class 2 cards. They are 100% original , no Chinese fake. is there any problem with these models?

my Macbookpro can read the cards through the slot and efilms adapters but the camera cant. It says "unkowm Media, Please change".

Should I format the cards?

the adapters were not manually checked

warmest regards

Yoram
Yoram Porath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 06:17 AM   #114

Hi Yoram,

This is from our FAQ on our site at E-Films ...

Which firmware should I have to use MxR cards?

An MxR card will only work with firmware 1.11_0531 on EX1/EX3. All cameras produced post August 2008 come with this update.

If your camera does not have this update you will have to go back to Sony to have the firmware updated.

There are links on the internet which show you how to update manually, but we highly recommend you use a Sony repair centre to complete it.

You can get the firmware version by hitting the "Cancel" "Select" and "Menu" buttons at the same time and navigating down to the "IF" menu item.
Old January 27th, 2009, 10:02 AM   #115
Trustee

Ross, a while ago you were talking of something which allows the offload of multiple cards at once, has there been any more development ?

Thanks.
Paul.
Old January 28th, 2009, 05:37 AM   #116

Hi Paul,

We've been working on a solution and have finished the design, and are awaiting the prototype of a multi-card adapter for laptops and desktops. We'll have all the details available as we get closer to launch.

But in the meantime, I'll post some pics tomorrow, (I'll have to take them first, mind you), to show you how we have been fudging a multi-card download right now. I must preface this work around is for Windows users only at the moment, sorry about that Mac users, it's not personal.
Old January 28th, 2009, 07:12 AM   #117
Trustee

Thanks Ross.
So this multicard reader, i suppose we can plug x amount of cards into it and my the pc will see it as 1 card, so then clip browser can be opened and see the reader with x cards in it as 1 card ?
Am i on the right lines ?
And you must have a rough idea of a price by now ?

Thanks, Paul.
Old January 29th, 2009, 02:17 PM   #118
Major Player

Ross,

The multi card reader sounds great, ill definitely be getting one of those, any chance of FW? looking forward to the pictures.

Also, i placed an order on the 24th, got my paypal confirmation, but havent had anything else. The order is coming to me in Auckland, NZ - name Brian Lawry (my legal name, not the one i go by however)

Cheers

Joe
Joe Lawry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 05:12 PM   #119
Major Player

I like the sound of that card reader everyone’s mentioning!

I was sceptical about these Readers & SDHC’s and put off ordering anything until a week or so ago! After receiving four MxR Cards and four Transcend Class 6 16GB SDHC’s, I found that I love them from a price Vs performance point of view – I’ve gone and order myself another eight of each while I can still affords them!

Other than the acknowledged over-cranking point of view they work flawlessly! Highly recommended!
Paul Inglis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 09:09 PM   #120
Regular Crew

Ross Rocks

If any of you have considered doing business with e-films and Ross, don't even hesitate. First, the product is outstanding and works as advertised. Second. I had a problem with my first card and they replaced it without question. They are totally square-shooters. Too bad all companies don't operate as ethically as these guys do.

Phil Hanna
Phil Hanna is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds