New EX3/Nikon adaptor. Whats Your Colour Of Choice? - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old February 14th, 2009, 01:56 PM   #46
Major Player

Mike, don't sweat the electronic headaches for the Nikons. I think you can do it mechanically easily enough. Totally different design than Canon's EOS situation. I'll send you a pic.
Eric Gulbransen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2009, 04:33 PM   #47
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Phillipps View Post
Don't understand that at all, there's no good reason not to use clamping systems. Canon FD used to have a breach-lock clamp mechanism before they phased them out and used bayonet instead (same mount and same lenses though) so no reason why not. Only speed of use is an issue.

Steve
Of course there's no good reason not to use a clamping system. Use the wrong alloys and/or finishes in that system and things can get stuck. Needing a mallet to get a lens out of a mount kind of reduces the speed advantage.
Lenses and mounts are generally designed as a system, the materials used can be as vital as the dimensions.
Bob Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2009, 04:35 PM   #48
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Gulbransen View Post
And by the way on your telephoto setup, how are you suspending the EX3? (just looked at the photo)
I'm not actually using the EX3, just got it to look at and bolted the kit together shoot a few tests. So for this it was just hagning off the back of the lens, but if I were to use one I'd probably get a plate made as I do with the full-size cameras.
Steve
Steve Phillipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2009, 04:37 PM   #49
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Grant View Post
Of course there's no good reason not to use a clamping system. Use the wrong alloys and/or finishes in that system and things can get stuck. Needing a mallet to get a lens out of a mount kind of reduces the speed advantage.
Lenses and mounts are generally designed as a system, the materials used can be as vital as the dimensions.
Nonsense, never had a problem in years with PL, Aaton and B4. The good reason to use it is for strength and lack of movement in the mount. Maybe my requirements are more stringent than yours!
Steve
Steve Phillipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2009, 05:47 PM   #50
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Phillipps View Post
Nonsense, never had a problem in years with PL, Aaton and B4. The good reason to use it is for strength and lack of movement in the mount. Maybe my requirements are more stringent than yours!
Steve
Sorry but I fail to see what we're disagreeing on!

Of course PL mounts are rock solid, I never said otherwise. Of course they're designed for and have strength and lack of movement.
Bob Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2009, 06:24 PM   #51
Major Player

Mike,
I'll be eagerly awaiting your Canon EF adapter if you are able to make one work! You have my contact information. I'll save the money I was going to spend on some Nikkor glass and use it for an EF adapter as I already have lots of Canon EF glass. This is the 'holy grail' for me. And after buying and using your Nikon adapter, I know the quality will be first-rate.
cheers
Old February 14th, 2009, 10:52 PM   #52
Sponsor: MTF Services

Derek, of course.

Will add your email address to the list

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds