PHU-60K Hard Drive - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old March 26th, 2009, 03:41 AM   #16
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Allen View Post
Although the cabin may be pressurized, most planes bring the cabin altitude down to 10,000 feet only.
I believe they keep it quite a bit lower than that. 10,000 feet is the threshold for needing supplemental oxygen. The 2 dings you hear shortly after takeoff and during the approach are when the aircraft passes through 10,000 feet altitude. This lets the cabin crew know whether or not oxygen is critical in the event of a loss in cabin pressure.

Some people will begin to experience the effects of hypoxia at altitudes of 10,000 feet. Above 14,500 feet, pretty much everyone needs supplemental oxygen.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2009, 05:04 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Hi - you mean don't transport it on plane with material on it?
Old April 9th, 2009, 08:27 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Boston View Post
I believe they keep it quite a bit lower than that. 10,000 feet is the threshold for needing supplemental oxygen.

-gb-
Although symptoms of Hypoxia can occur at different altitudes for different people, I still stand corrected, regulations state 8,000 feet for cabin pressure. How closely that's adhered to I'd think depends on the structural specs of the particular plane.

"Hi - you mean don't transport it on plane with material on it? "

Can transport but not operate, according to Sony.
Max Allen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds